The Academy of Public Relations is a community in the South Bronx where self-esteem is fostered through Articulate and thoughtful Communication, Public Speaking, and Reflection with Purpose.
Aspire – At APR, we encourage all students to aspire to embrace their most ambitious goals and dreams. We teach students that, with enough hard work and perseverance, no goal is out of reach.
Prepare – APR’s high school preparatory curriculum prepares each and every student for the academic challenges ahead of them. Our advisory sessions prepare our students for the social challenges they will face.
Respect – The culture of APR is one of respect – respect for oneself, for one’s peers, and for one’s teachers. At APR, we are all peers and teachers and we learn to treat each other with respect.
All students are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate, polite, and respectful manner. They are to treat all faculty, peers, and visitors in a way which proudly represents the Academy of Public Relations. Students who do not adhere to this behavioral standard will be subject to disciplinary action as per the Chancellor’s Citywide Standards of Discipline and Interventions Measures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF STUDENTS:
Students attend school so that they may develop to their fullest potential. With that in mind, each student is expected:
- To accept responsibility for his/her actions.
- To respect the rights of others, including his/her right to secure an education in an environment that is orderly and disciplined.
- To attend school on a regular and punctual
- To complete class assignments and other school responsibilities by established deadlines.
- To show evidence of appropriate progress toward meeting class subject requirements and state standards.
- To respect school property, e.g. lockers, furniture, floors, walls, and help to keep it free from damage or vandalism.
- To obey school regulations and rules made by school authorities.
- To recognize that teachers assume the role of a surrogate parent in matters of behavior and discipline when at school, as well as during any school sponsored activities.
- To contribute toward establishing and maintaining an atmosphere that generates mutual respect and dignity for all.
- To become familiar with the Citywide Standards of Discipline and Intervention Measures as per the Chancellor’s Discipline Code and seek interpretation of parts not understood.
- To actively discourage inappropriate behavior of other students and report the incidents to the administration and/or APR staff.
STUDENT BILL OF RIGHTS:
- I have the right to learn without interference.
- I have the right to work and play in a safe environment.
- I have the right to move without interference.
- I have the right to my personal space.
- I have the right to have my work respected.
- I have the right to have my property respected.
- I have the right to be listened to when I’m speaking.
- I have the right to get help when it is my turn.
- I have the right to express my feelings appropriately and to have my feelings respected.
- I have the right to have my opinions respected.
|Press Brief- Auditorium
8:50am – 9:05am
9:05 am – 9:50am
9:50 am – 10:35am
10:35 am –11:20am
11:20 am –12:10pm
12:10 pm – 1:00 pm
1:00 pm – 1:50 pm
1:50 pm – 2:35 pm
2:35 pm – 3:10 pm